Monica sauteing the Chili add ins.
Monday, November 3, 2008
2nd Annual Amigo's Chili Cookoff...
The 2nd Annual Amigo's Chili Cook off was held this weekend. We had the pleasure of hosting it at our house. It was a great success and double the size than last year. There were 5 Chili's entered and about 25 or so judges. Brian and I worked together, do I need to repeat that? Can you believe Brian let me assist him in the kitchen? I had the task of saute the onions, garlic, peppers, 5 different Chili powders and then adding tomatoes to the pot of meat and broth Brian was working with. It was indeed fun. We got started Friday night after the Trick or Treaters were done coming to the door. This way the Chili had time to let it's true flavors be absorbed. Saturday we got up and began getting things ready... Our back yard was transformed into a tailgaters paradise! We had plenty of tables, chairs, etc. We even gathered enough room for a late night bon fire. Being that Phil won last years cook off, he was in charge of all the nitty gritty details. And after all was said and done he will be in charge again next year as he won again. It has been contemplated that the next cook off will be a Rib Fest, I truly think Brian may have a little advantage with this one! Anyways, please enjoy all of the photo's taken...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment